REVENUE OPERATIONS JOB SPECIFICATION: BEST PRACTICES FOR DEFINING AND EVOLVING THE OPERATIONS THAT SUPPORT THE REVENUE CYCLE TO DRIVE SCALABLE AND SUSTAINABLE GROWTH
Revenue Operations is a management system that orchestrates and aligns the operations, systems, and data that support revenue teams along the entire revenue cycle to generate more consistent and scalable growth. Revenue Operations has become a critical issue because growing a business in 2023 is a digital, data-driven, and technology enabled team sport. B2B growth leaders are driving a machine that uses customer data as gasoline, selling content as oxygen, and digital technology to get traction with customers. The assets that support this growth machine – customer data, digital selling infrastructure, and brands – are the largest financial assets on the company balance sheet.
To turn this machine into a high-octane growth engine, 90% of organizations are actively changing the way they lead and align revenue teams and the operations, systems and processes that support them. The best organizations are putting in place a new generation Revenue Operations leaders with a mandate to orchestrate sales, marketing, and service teams – and align the operations, systems, data and processes that support revenue teams to get better control over the end-to-end revenue cycle. This has made Revenue Operations the fastest growing job in the US.
Defining the role and structure of the Revenue Operations function has become a critical issue. A strong operations function that manages teh many systems, data sets, and processes that support the revenue cycle is now essential to executing Account Based Marketing, orchestrating multi-channel sales and marketing programs, and delivering personalized experiences in digital channels. But few organizations been experience with RevOps. And most implementations are in in the early stages of maturity.
To better define the Revenue Operations role in a 21st Century Commercial Model, the expert faculty of the Revenue Enablement Institute evaluated hundreds of job descriptions, engaged over 100 growth leaders and revenue operations executives to develop a comprehensive definition of the evolving role of the Revenue Operations leader in a modern selling model. of business leaders, as well as the leading academics and experts in the field. This report analyses the five core disciplines that underlie the Revenue Operations role, the 12 capabilities that go into the job description, and a comprehensive 36 point Revenue Operations maturity model to help business leader quickly assess the state of their commercial transformation and identify the most financially viable way to “stairstep” your organization towards greater alignment of sales, marketing and CX teams, systems, and processes. This in depth 52 page analysis will teach you:
• Best practices for defining and evolving the operations that support the revenue cycle to drive scalable and sustainable growth
• The five core disciplines that underlie every Revenue Operations role
• 12 capabilities of the Revenue Operations job function that are fundamental to the alignment of sales, marketing and CX teams, systems, and processes.
• A comprehensive 36 point Revenue Operations maturity model that maps the convergence and evolution of the operations that support growth
• Practical ways to aligning Sales, Marketing and Customer Success operations and teams along the revenue cycle
• How to redeploy teams and resources to improve coverage, control and customer experience at lower cost
• Structures for turning big data into actionable insights that create value and visibility in real time
• A blueprint for reconfiguring the commercial technology portfolio to multiply and simplify selling effort
• Ways to generate greater accountability and financial returns from your commercial technology and data assets
TO LEARN MORE
Revenue Operations initiatives often suffer from a “failure to launch” because they lack a consensus, a common purpose, a blueprint, and an incentive to change across their functional team. Learn about our program where our expert practitioners and network of peers will help your Revenue Operations initiative achieve “lift off” in 90 days.
To help boards, CEOs and CXOs evolve their commercial models to better align sales, marketing and CX teams around the customer and accelerate revenue, profit, and value growth, the faculty of the Revenue Enablement Institute has published the seminal on Revenue Operations.
Download the Revenue Operations Job Specification Benchmark Report and learn the five core disciplines that underlie the Revenue Operations role, the 12 capabilities that go into the job description, and a comprehensive 36 point Revenue Operations maturity model to help business leaders “stairstep” your organization towards greater alignment of sales, marketing and CX teams, systems, and processes.