A MORE AGILE, RELIABLE, AND DATA DRIVEN APPROACH TO REVENUE FORECASTING IN A MODERN COMMERCIAL MODEL
Pressure to deliver consistent and scalable growth in an uncertain market has led most B2B organizations to put in place increasingly sophisticated long-term relationship structures with customers that involve multiple points of value delivered on a one-time, continual, or consumption basis.
As a consequence, financial leaders are struggling to reliably, precisely and quickly forecast revenues in a modern commercial model. Two thirds of financial leaders believe the growing complexity of forecasting revenues and business performance has created operational problems establishing processes to track and manage and maximize revenues over the long term. Increased market uncertainty combined with the inability to quickly adjust manual revenue forecasting and reporting processes have compounded the problem to the degree that 70% of CFOs lack confidence in their organization’s ability to pivot and adapt to shifts in demand, supply and other disruptive events.
To generate more agile, reliable and precise revenue forecasts, CFOs are becoming more data-driven, collaborative and process oriented. Progressive finance teams are embracing the concept of Dynamic Forecasting as a better way to align the organizations’ processes and data across the core business groups to make forecasting more agile, transparent and precise over time. To help business leaders unlock more growth from the expensive data, technology and channel assets , this in depth analysi will teach you:
- Why moving to Dynamic Forecasting is necessary for organizations to compete in a modern commercial model
- How finance leaders are taking greater ownership of end-to-end quote to cash processes
- Practical ways to facilitate greater collaboration and data sharing between the front and back office
- Ways to better leverage customer data better visibility into the key signals of customer demand, consumption, retention and expansion required to effectively manage and optimize revenues
- Structures that create better alignment, collaboration, and feedback loops between the front and back office teams
Tools to help automate data flow to accelerate forecasting frequency, reduce the complexity of actively managing the unique revenue attributes of complex long term contracts, and reduce revenue and compliance risk and error
- Steps you can take to make our finance function more data and analytics driven
- Five smart actions you can take to improve the precision, agility and reliability of your revenue forecast.